Communication and Visibility
- Raise awareness on the EU Aid Volunteers initiative both inside EU and in countries where volunteers will be deployed.
- Inform interested communities about the opportunity to engage in EU Aid Volunteers initiative.
- Promote the value of EU solidarity in action and the EU’s humanitarian aid principles.
- Create a shared identity of the EU Aid Volunteers initiative on the part of volunteers and participating organisations.
- Engage with the public to generate support for volunteerism in Europe and worldwide.
- Demonstrate the value added and impact of the EU Aid Volunteers initiative and its different actions, and the professional contribution of EU Aid Volunteers, notably to EU citizens, Member States, potential participating organisations and host communities.
Key Communication Messages:
- We Care, We Act: The EU Aid Volunteers initiative is a tangible expression of European solidarity with people in need. It boosts the capacity of the EU in providing humanitarian aid.
- You Can Make a Difference: The EU Aid Volunteers initiative is open to a variety of profiles, from young people to experts, with the skills to help meet the humanitarian needs of the most vulnerable people.
- Power Through Local Action: The EU Aid Volunteers initiative aims at strengthening the capacities of local communities and organisations to deal with disasters.